Tuesday, November 3, 2009

What I've been up to



Hey All - sorry for not blogging in awhile. When Jus and I started this blog, we agreed to keep the focus 100% on all things related to training/racing, and, well, since I haven't been doing much of that, nor have I thought about it, I haven't really  had anything to post. Justin on the other hand, he's started training again so he has no excuses (er, Jus, get the hint... START POSTING!).

I've been in a very deep recovery/rest  period since the Baystate Marathon and have limited myself from exercising. Honestly though, I haven't even wanted to exercise either. Coming home from work, sitting on the couch, watching TV and continuously losing at Monopoly gets old quick though and I'm starting to hit the point of restlessness. Tonight, I joined Jus on his 1/2 hour run and kept a nice slow pace. It was an awesome night for a run - 50's, no wind. Why did it rain and drop into the 40's, with snow later in the afternoon on the day of the marathon, yet now it's awesome out???

My next race is not for another 2 months, which will be the Disney Goofy Challenge. I'll run a half marathon on Saturday followed with a full marathon on Sunday. Along for the ride is Justin and my brother Joey and my sister Courtney is in for the half. We're taking a mini-vacation to hit the theme parks and have some fun with the company of my other sis, Jen who will be around as the cheer squad! I can't wait, it should be a lot of fun.

Oh, the picture above. Justin got a pair of vibram five toes awhile back. Want to know about them and what he thinks of them? Well then, he should post about them, shouldn't he?

6 comments:

Joe said...

Burn those Vibrams, freak boy!!!

Justin said...

"transform your body from regular to ripped in just 90 days"...line sound familiar...I guess you are from Jersey. I wouldn't trash talk the shoes when you're taking advice from beachbody.com.

B/C of Liz, it looks like I'll have to post why I bought them and whether I think they work.

Joe said...

Don't let the cheesy marketing get in the way, P90X is an awesome workout for the "core". We'll settle up next season, barefoot boy.

Justin said...

Let me make sure I got this right- if something works for you and improves your training then the marketing/image is irrelevant? Please tell me you see the irony.

Liz said...

stop it, you two!

Joe said...

What's irony?

BTW, your wife told you to stop it.