Wednesday, August 25, 2010

GO JOJO!! Rock IMLOU Sunday!!!!!!

Bright and early tomorrow morning, Justin and I are headed out to Banff for a long weekend to celebrate a friend’s wedding. We’re psyched to explore new land in chilly weather – can’t wait! Except, Justin found out that berries are in full bloom right now which means there have been a ton of bear sightings – EEK! Scary. I’m def. buying my bear-be-gone spray.

Since we’ll be out in Canada, we’re unfortunately going to be missing Joey (http://www.ironjoe.blogspot.com/) race his third Ironman down in Louisville on Sunday. We couldn’t be more bummed out about this. Though we won’t be there in person, we’ll be tracking him online when we’re on the ground and cheering him on from 30,000 feet up in the air during our flights home. I’m happy my sister Jenny, her fiancé Roger and my parents are all making the long trip out there for his race. Emotionally, I think any Ironman athlete would agree that having friends and family there cheering you on and supporting you throughout the entire day is the most important thing you could ask for. And, let's face it, they're pretty darn good at cheering!
Joey doing IMLP 09

Joey- BEST OF LUCK ON SUNDAY!!! Hope your 8 week training/nutrition crunch pays off ;) It will be hot, it will be sunny, it will be a hard race, but we know you’ll rock it and finish strong! Would you rather it be hot, hot, hot and sunny or cold and rainy, rainy, rainy (ahem, your first IM) – I guess you’ll be able to tell us after you’re done. Looking forward to tracking you and mentally sending our positive thoughts on race day…haha. ROCK ON!

GO JOJO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


1 comment:

Joe said...

I never said thank you for this...so let me do that now. THANK YOU!

To answer your question, I'd rather it be hot and sunny than cold and rainy...don't even need to think about that one. I'd have a faster race time in cold/rain but I don't really care..rather be out in the sun enjoying the weather.