Friday, September 17, 2010

Soon to be on our way!

I'm packed up and ready to go! Tomorrow AM, we hit the road for Syracuse for my last tri of the season!


Crazy how fast the spring/summer went - seriously, it flew by! I'll have one last big race this year and that's the Mohawk Hudson River Marathon, which I'll be running with my sis, Jen - YAY! I have to say though, I am kind of (REALLY) looking forward to the off season. I love this time of year... the fall, cool air, picking apples, Halloween, leaves changing colors, carving pumpkins, apple pie, Thanksgiving, delicious & yummy food, time with the family, Christmas, yearly vacation with Justin's family, New Years, snow, my bday, freezing cold weather... lots to look forward to in the coming months. This is all that I was thinking about while packing for the weekend :)

I think I'm going to do some shorter distance running races throughout the fall and winter. I've never done a 5K or 10K (outside of work associated races) but I'm definitely thinking about doing some soon. AND, I think I know someone nearby that might want to do them with me, maybe (ahem, Courtney) :)

Well, see you on the other side of the weekend... Syracuse 70.3, here I come!


So many GU flavors to choose from for the race... shall I have Jet Blackberry, Vanilla Bean or... um, Jet Blackberry or Vanilla Bean. Oh wait! I spy 1 Orange and a few Espressos... ok, good, I thought I was really limited there for a second ;)

6 comments:

Joe said...

Good luck at Syracuse!!! I'll be tracking online through the morning. This is the last tri of the season so make sure you c-r-u-s-h-h-h-h-h it!!!!!!

Joe said...

btw, those bikes REALLY need some race wheels!

Justin said...

We completely agree about the wheels and with x-mas right around the corner...we're expecting some nice gifts from JoJo this year.

Court said...

hahahaha, Lizzy, you crack me up! You definitely have a "wide variety" of GUs to choose from. :)

I'd love to do some races with you! I need motivation to get running!! My first motivation for physical activity is getting Kyle a bike so we can go biking on the weekends... next, signing up for some nice short races to get back in running shape.

Good luck in Syracuse!!! I'm rooting for you to have the best race yet!! =D

Jen said...

Lizzy, amazing!!! you are awesome! I hope you are feeling good after the race - 10 whole minutes off... that is impressive! What a great way to end your season :)

Anonymous said...

Nice way to end the tri season Liz! You seem to be getting faster and faster with every race, give the boys something to think about-ha,ha! Can't wait to see you this coming Saturday for my last tri of the season. WAY TO GO LIZZY!!!!!

Les