Saturday, November 15, 2008

Final Real Run

Today was my final real run before the marathon (a slow and easy 10 miler). Since the last post, I've stuck to the training sched and been eatin' pretty healthy. Yet still felt a little out of rhythm and slow all week. As you can see today isn't ideal weather but could be worse. Either way I was definitely looking forward to today's run to find my normal run moves and build a little race confidence- started off a little slow...knee hurt and legs felt really heavy but about mile 4 it came together.

Its amazing how one run can build you up or tear you apart. If today's run had continued to suck I would be really nervous about next weekend. Instead, I was able to spend the back part of the out-and-back thinking about what goals I have for my first marathon (will be shared in another post later this week). Only bad thing about today is the knee is really acting up...I've decided I'll finally get it checked out post-Philly.

I know Joey just wrote about this (ironjoe.blogspot.com) but I have to give huge thanks to Mark from Kilometers. I took Joey's recommendation a couple years back to check out the store in Ridgefield, CT and have been getting my run gear there ever since. Marks a great guy that loves what he does so I gave him a call when my knee was crapping out on me to get his thoughts. He took the time to call back after business hours to give some advice and encouraging words heading in to race week.

8 days and counting!!! Can't wait to see what I can do...I've started to get really psyched up so hopefully I'll fly. Current forecast: Low 32, High 44 and mostly sunny. Perfect!!!

2 comments:

Court said...

Good luck, Justin! If you can do a half-ironman, a marathon should be a piece of cake, right? ;)

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Courtney. I'm actually starting to get really psyched...guess its all that pent up energy from tapering...thinking the hyperactivity is starting to get to Liz.