Friday, November 21, 2008

Race Day Goals!


Being a first time marathon runner, I've been flip-flopping on what my goal pace should be come race day. Its ranged from the insanely fast- at least for me- (7:17 min/mi for a 3h10m Boston qualifier) to a straight sub-4hr run (9:09 min/mi). I've been so pysched up this week for race day that I constantly challenge myself to go faster- which is good and bad.


So here's what I've come up with so far:


Goal 1- I'll be ok with anything sub-4 hours.

Goal 2- Break a 3h53m (8:53 pace) to be the record holder for the Danyliw-Mikhalevsky rivalry. I'd be happy with this time or anything less. Sorry Jen and Liz but I have to stay competitive!

Goal 3- Finish in 3h40m59s (8:26 pace) this is the Boston qualifying time for women in my age group.


* On a side note- I need to call Joey out for backing out of Roxbury and signing up for the AZ Marathon so he can re-gain the family record on an easier course. I expect a 3h30m out of you and not a minute slower.


I'll be posting some pics from Philly throughout the weekend so keep checking in.


Race Count: 2 Days... Forecast: 26 degrees and sunny at start- 34 and sunny by finish!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Joey's a chicken... he has to take the easy way out just to stay ahead. He needs to do a more challenging marathon so that we can see what he's really made of.

On another note: I'll try to do some live updates during Justin's run, but I'm not so good when it comes to technology, so we'll see what happens.