Saturday, November 1, 2008

1 day 00h 43m 20s to go

Last night was Halloween. Jus and I spent it in a car, driving to CT. It was by far the most exciting Halloween ever. Today, we head to NYC. I woke up this morning at 6am, wide awake. It's just past 8am now and the sun is just starting to show itself, Jus has left for an 18 mile run. At this time in Boston, the sun has risen and shining full force through our windows.

Today I am nervous. I have butterflies in my stomach. My appetite is non-existent. I'm anxious. My brother wrote Jenny a pep-talk e-mail back when she did NY for the first time...she forwarded the e-mail to me yesterday. Here's a piece of it...

"Boom! Mile 24, you are back in the park and the street is PACKED with people cheering you on. No doubt you will be feeling the mileage at this point. Hopefully you will be somewhat tired but feeling great and strong and ready to finish fast. Only 2.2 miles left, an easy jog for you. Don't burst as soon as you hit the park. If you feel great take the pace up gradually, drop it by maybe 20 seconds. You will be blowing by people at this point. They are shot - to hell with them. Nothing will stop you from crossing the finish line now, so sit back and enjoy the crowds a little bit.. There is supposedly no other marathon in the world with the crowd support like you get in the NYC marathon."

I'm ready.........LET'S DO THIS!

1 comment:

Joe said...

Let's get ready to RUMBLE!!! Dude, perfect race conditions this weekend - you're gonna have an awesome race. See y'all in a few hours!