Monday, December 8, 2008

Just a Little Dusting...and a Dash of Old People

Its been 2 weeks since the Philly marathon and I've been chomping at the bit to start a little training. I love knowing that when we're used to working out so much, it starts to feel really uncomfortable being sedentary for a few days in a row. So to get it going again, I grabbed my bike and took off for a 2 hour ride with Liz.

I haven't been riding much lately with the whole recovery thing and marathon focus so it felt great to take it nice and easy. We figured we'd stay local and stick to the city area- get some of that Boston flavor. As we pulled into a town park in Newton, I swear the ride turned into the Night of the Living Dead. Apparently every assisted living center had a field trip to our little park on Saturday morning and it became a game of dodge the elderly with walkers. I'm pretty sure a couple even had rabies. *Disclaimer- I have nothing against old people. Just old people that go catatonic in the middle of bike paths* It made for some fun jokes and gave us an excuse to pull over and take a pic.

So as us New Englanders already know, most of us got our first snow of the season on Sunday. This means that the cold, Fall gear will no longer do. Now I'm going to have to buy some serious winter swag (once bought and tested I'll give some reviews). Today even started off with 0 degree wind chill so its a battle just to get out of bed. Liz picked up some of the Holiday themed- mint chocolate GU this weekend to try out. Don't really know why but its always easier to train in crap weather when you have new stuff to try out so thats what I'll be looking forward to on the next 0 degree day.
Stay Warm!!!

No comments: