Monday, January 26, 2009

My Own Little Paradise


Unfortunately, Saturday's training got pushed out due to wedding planning...both sets of parents were kind enough to visit Newport for our tasting and to hash out some event details. Liz and I were a little worried about the menu because we have been looking for a good balance between healthy options, some vegetarian options, and overall quality. Now that we've tried the sample menus, we couldn't be more excited- everything was excellent and we found our perfect balance (only bad thing, we ate massive amounts of food to find that perfect balance).


This was the end of a much needed recovery week and having missed Saturday's ride, I was really looking forward to my 1 hour run Sunday morning. After a little wake-me-up coffee and some grub, I headed out to battle with the single digit temps. For very cold days, I have found a sweet gear combo for running (pictured) that keeps me toasty regardless of the weather. I pretty much buy everything on sale so I definitely don't recommend picking these up full price but if you live some where cold, you can't go wrong with the REI power stretch half-zip top layered with the Marmot Torrid fleece...if anything this can get too warm but is still pretty lightweight. I also run with the REI power-stretch tights that work pretty well- the company advertises running and biking but they let in too much air for cold-weather rides. Either way the run felt great and kind of let my mind wander. I was able to sift through all of the work, wedding, and tri stuff that have been going on and just run for a bit. It was one of those runs where you really don't remember much about your surroundings or anything going on.


This week's back to a swim focus........

1 comment:

Joe said...

A real man would run in shorts and a singlet in that weather. He wouldn't let mother nature dictate to him what he should wear, he would be his own man and dictate to her. Incidentally, I am not a real man.