Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Weekend fun times

This past weekend, Justin and I headed to Ridgefield to spend the long weekend out of town. After work on Friday, we met up at the gym so Justin could swim and I could run before we sat in the car for 2:30+. I only had an hour run and temps were in the single digits so the treadmill didn’t sound too bad to me that night. On the drive to Ridgefield, the car thermometer hit the negatives and I most certainly got a picture of it.

It warmed up to 7 degrees on Saturday and we both had a ride in the plan. Ugh. Ok, I will not give myself a hard time for resorting to the trainer – it’s just too cold outside. Onto the trainers we go (we brought them with us). Justin kicked out his planned 2 hrs while I stayed on for my planned 3 hrs. Remarkably, it wasn’t too bad. The geniuses we are, we set up shop in the same room as the fireplace so it was much like riding in a sauna (maybe it wasn’t THAT bad, but there was a steady stream of hot hair the entire time).

I woke up the next morning beat. I was just tired and had absolutely no motivation to get myself back on the bike for another 3 hours, swim or run (which were all in the plan for Sunday). Justin neither. It was snowing that morning and a ride outside was not gonna happen. We both had off on Monday and with it being a holiday (no work); we switched the two days and let ourselves rest on Sunday. We spent the day relaxing, hanging out with my sisters, and doing much of nothing, it was great.

Monday morning I woke up nice and early by Reese, my sister’s dog licking my face. I headed downstairs and immediately hoped on the bike and started another 3 hour ride. Though temps were now in the 20’s, the roads were bad and I couldn’t get myself to even consider riding outside. Justin reminisced on the old days and went to the high school wrestling practice and got beat up by a bunch of boys ; ) We were on our way back to Boston by 2:30pm. Once back, we threw on the running shoes and went for a 40 minute run. We both overdressed and thought it was funny how once you experience REALLY cold weather, 30 degrees don’t seem so bad. We both missed out on our swim yesterday, but I’m not sweatin’ it. I was passed out on the couch by 8:30pm last night which is a sure sign of exhaustion.

Today is my birthday!! I brought my swimming stuff with me to work with the plan to go to the gym tonight. We’ll see if the plans change :-Z

No comments: