Thursday, February 26, 2009

2 Fig Newton’s…fuel me up!

I love Fig Newton’s! When I saw that they were one of the moderate glycemic index foods I could eat before a workout, I was pretty darn excited. I only get to eat 2, but that’s enough to keep me happy – especially because I eat them REALLY slowly…just like a mouse : ) It would prob. kill you if you sat and watched me eat them, really.

This week we are weaning onto our new nutrition plan instead of diving right in, though I think we’re pretty much on track now – just missing a few protein shakes here and there and much needed variety in our meals. We now eat every 2-3 hours. This helps keep our blood sugar stable as well keep a constant supply of nutrients in our bodies to get us through the day. We’re still figuring it all, but check out what I had for lunch today (Greek yogurt w/ a mashed banana and fresh veggies with hummus…looks delicious, huh?):

Last night we headed out for a long run. Jus did 2 hrs, I did 2hr 15m. It was a nice run, NO wind whatsoever. I always find it hard to get myself out running on cold nights, but once I’m out and going, it ain’t too bad and I love it.

This weekend, we’re headed to the dirty south for some wonderful wedding related activities. Hopefully the temps are warm, as a little bonus to our workouts wouldn’t be so bad! It will be hard to resist that Chick-fil-A....in fact, I don’t know if I can.

1 comment:

Joe said...

Hey, good luck on the QT2 plan! I listened to this nutrition podcast recently which makes me question some of their advice though, like eating every 3 hours. No advice can replace listening to your body I guess, so don't ignore it.