Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Inspire Daily

The last couple off-seasons, I've gotten bored without having upcoming races (kind of hard to get pumped for something still 3-5 months away). Its usually around this time I start checking all the tri sites for amateur sponsorship- I only look at companies whose products I use, otherwise I'd feel like a poser. While scouring the sites, I got a recommendation to check out the Brooks Running Inspire Daily program. I used to run in Brooks' Adrenalines until Mark from Kilometers got me hooked on the Infinitis. I love my kicks, so figured I'd send in an application. Lucky for me, I got accepted! You can check out the info at: http://www.brooksrunning.com/Athletes+%26+Events/Brooks+I.D.+Program/. So if you see my sportin' more Brooks gear than usual, thats why. So stoked to be hooked up with a brand I use everyday.

As for training, this is my last week of heavy swim focus. As exhausting as its been the last month, I've been able to notice a huge difference in my stroke, comfortability and speed. Just hoping I don't lose it after the swim focus ends.

Anyways, here's a parting shot for anyone in the South- I know you wish you were here for the runs...


3 comments:

Court said...

Congrats, Justin! That's really cool that you were accepted by Brooks! Good job on improving your swim as well - sounds like you're on your way to LP!

Hey, if you happen to accidentally purchase size 6 women's sneakers by mistake, I'll be more than happy to take them off your hands. :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Courtney! I'll see what I can do...I had to agree by certain rules (which I did) and am now waiting to get my login info to start getting the discounts. You should try signing up through their website.

Court said...

Of course, of course, I was just kidding. :) Don't want to get you in trouble your first days in!