Monday, March 9, 2009

Spring-like weekend!

Hi All, Liz here! So you couldn’t have asked for better weather this weekend, low 60s isn’t too bad all! The warmer weather was calling our names so we headed out to ride!

Saturday’s ride took us to Scituate, Cohasset, and Hingham, MA for a 50 mile adventure. We biked along the ocean for most of the time, rode on quiet roads and through beautiful towns. We pointed out ridiculously large houses that were just too big to consider nice and boarded up beach homes we’d like to fix up and move into. We saw thousands of golden retrievers. OK, maybe not thousands, but there were at least 35 golden retriever spottings. It was a little creepy how many of them there were, but they are cute so I didn’t mind it : )

Biking has really opened my eyes up to how beautiful Massachusetts is. I forever thought that MA was by far the ugliest, dreariest, depressing state I had ever been to. I went to school in Worcester and after graduating, moved to Boston. My view of MA was solely based off my commute on the Mass Pike, and biking has taken me through many towns that have shown me just how nice MA is. I thank biking for changing my perspective!

It rained and snowed today, a wonderful way to start the week. Who’s ready for spring?? I know I am.

No comments: