Wednesday, March 18, 2009

What'd we do this past weekend?

(Liz here!) This past weekend turned out to be a great weekend weather-wise. Sunny and “warm” both days. We took the road bikes out on Saturday for a 50 mile ride through the surrounding towns of Walden Pond and saw lots of other bikers out. It was nice to see everyone back at it.

Sunday, Boston celebrated St. Patty’s day, a holiday neither of us celebrates, but we decided to take the road bikes out for the cooler of the two days on an easy leisure ride along the Harbor Walk, which leads you through Southie, where the St. Patty’s day parade was. There were tons of people out, and it was great seeing everyone having a good time, enjoying the day and nice weather. I am really looking forward to the spring and summer, if you couldn’t tell! On our way home we stopped for some quick seafood at a local restaurant which is always delicious… and we each might have had a piece of cornbread, too (yum!).

The last two weeks I’ve been slacking. I haven’t been motivated to workout and the new nutrition plan has gotten me down. I miss eating whatever I want whenever I want. We slipped big time this past weekend and got a good yelling at from Rachel who was not happy to see our food logs on Monday morning. I was in recovery week last week but because I didn’t feel like I had anything to recover from, I upped my workouts and did an hours worth of workouts each day. I didn’t want to do too much as the next two weeks are longer hours and I didn’t want to tire myself too soon. This week, I’m back at it. Eating is back on the “core” diet and I got a great strength ride and long swim in yesterday. Tonight we do a long run – 2.5 hrs! Thankfully, it’s 60 degrees out, which only motivates me more to get out the door and run! I’m hoping this newly found motivation sticks with me…

No comments: