Friday, April 17, 2009

Catching the pack...

This morning was a 5:40am wake up call. I got on the trainer for an hour and then headed out the door for an hour run. Technically I was only suppose to do a run today but this past Wednesday was brutal – biked in the AM, had busy day at work, and then did a 2.5 hr run that evening and come yesterday, I was exhausted and didn’t workout. So, I made up for it this AM. (and am now very tired…)

My run was great! Legs felt good, only took a few minutes to get into the groove of things. I’m starting to run faster and faster with each run I do, making it just a bit further than I did before.

I was shocked at how any people were out running this AM on the Charles River. It was very unusual, until I processed that the Boston Marathon is just around the corner. Yup… that explains it. Lots of new faces out on the river. In an attempt to keep myself entertained, I spotted a pack of runners ahead of me (all dressed the same) and figured they were taking it easy given they are running 26.2 miles on Monday, so I said to myself “go catch them.” I ran a bit faster and after a few minutes of good effort, it was apparent I was not going to catch them… what the heck?! Only until they turned around and headed toward me did I realize that it was a group of Kenyans… yea… no chance I was going to catch up with them. HA!

All the activity was a nice change. What is usually a lonely run was shared with many other athletes this AM and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Jus and I are headed to CT this weekend but I’ll be back on Monday to cheer everyone on in the marathon!

No comments: