Friday, March 25, 2011

Cherry blossoms & a long run

Yesterday I ran *almost* 21 miles (20.95 to be exact). It went pretty well too! It was cold out (46 degrees) but it was my day off and I had to get one of my last two long runs in - rain or shine, warm or cold. I decided to wear my CEP compression socks during the run as well because my calf's were screaming at me all day on Wednesday with pain and I wanted to avoid all possibilities of hurting even more yesterday. I also gave myself the day off from workouts Wednesday to rest and prepare for the run (even though I worked and was standing straight from 8am-5pm). I gotta say, the CEP socks worked wonders! They are my new best friend on long runs - and I am seriously considering running Boston in them after yesterday. My legs felt amazing the entire time and when I was done I didn't feel completely spent like I have in my previous longer runs. I'm a believer - even if I look goofy running in knee high socks. I finished in 2:55:47 which put me at a pace of 8:23min/mile.

My route took me around the mall, down hanes point, around the Jefferson Memorial and Tidal Basin, over the bridge to Mt. Vernon Trail, back over the bridge and another loop around the mall. The cherry blossoms are just days away from their peak so I got to see a bunch of them starting to bloom - so pretty!! AND, I don't know if I was just really sad on my run or I have really bad allergies (which I didn't discover I had until I moved to DC last summer) because my eyes were tearing the entire run which was super annoying. Anyways, here are two pictures from my run:



No comments: