Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Signs of spring

Daylight savings was this past weekend and Justin and I walked around around DC on Sunday to explore new areas we haven't really been to. During that time, we 1) bought a box of girl scout cookies at a local farmers market, ha... who would expect that? 2) tried horchata for the first time at a street vendor - it was good, 3) saw a lot of fancy schmancy embassies, 4) picked up a new running hat for Justin, 5) tried cupcakes from the new cupcake store in Georgetown called Sprinkles - $3.75 for a cupcake... prob the first and only time I'll eat one of those, and 6) snapped a picture in front of a blooming tree - the true signs of SPRING!!! It was nice to take the day off from training since we BOTH weren't working and get to spend some quality time with Justin : )


Today I ran 20.5 miles, the first of three 20 mile runs. It was ok - the course I routed out ended with a lot of hills which was prob a really bad idea (even though I got through them) but I could feel it. Downhills hurt bad, I was just wishing for flats for the last couple miles. When I got home, I felt like I was going to throw up. I laid down on the floor for awhile and drank my recovery mix and then showered. I then headed to the grocery store across the street to pick up food for dinner and rewarded myself with Cadbury Mini Eggs - YUM. Easter is the only time of the year I can get these candies and i LOVE them. I am snacking on them right now as I type :) Now I think I am stuck on the couch for the rest of the night - I have no desire to get up anytime soon. Here's to what I expect will be a restful nights sleep tonight :)

2 comments:

Court said...

And we're supposed to hit 77 degrees on Friday. Isn't it WONDERFUL?!?! :)

Liz said...

YES! Bummed I have to work... but I get out at 4 at least so I'll still get a lot of time to enjoy the weather! SO excited!!